Friday, January 25, 2013

things lately.

Well, hello there! Writing to you from our new home in Washington, where I have achieved only the slightest bit of settling and organization. Just enough to reopen tilly | maison and MATINE with limited collections until the spring designs are ready to share. Let me tell you, folks, as if moving weren't hard enough, moving around the holidays, across the country, just as one of you starts up a brand new job is maybe not the brightest idea we've ever had. But as it's been radio silence around here for a while, I thought I'd share a peek at what's been happening since we set sail from Minneapolis in December.












+ Coffee to go.
+ A mini break in Chicago and a cursory bean photo.
+ More coffee.
+ Pleasantly surprised by how charming Pittsburgh was. I wish we'd had more time to explore.
+ Arrival in D.C.!
+ New Year's Eve pre-party aka champagne on the floor of our empty house.
+ Before.
+ After. (There are approximately 3 corners of our home that actually feel settled. This is one of them.)
+ This is another—our kitchen (!) fireplace.
+ A really poor job of dressing to stand outside for inauguration. However, if bright colors could keep you warm, I'd be killin it.
+ Inauguration day! A cool experience (literally freezing, hardy har) and we were incredibly spoiled with seated tickets up front.

As you can tell, I've been sharing a lot of these moments on Instagram. If you'd like to join me over there, feel free @CarolynMaking .

And with that, I wish you a happy weekend!

xo
C

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the move and welcome to the neighborhood! Good luck unpacking!

    ReplyDelete